Sustainable fashion is a movement that is gaining momentum in the fashion industry, with more and more designers, brands, and consumers becoming aware of the environmental and ethical implications of fast fashion. In this blog post, we will be sharing the top 10 most inspiring and thought-provoking sustainable fashion quotes from some of the leading voices in the industry. These quotes will serve as a powerful reminder of the importance of being mindful and conscious consumers, and supporting sustainable practices in the fashion industry.
1. “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” – Vivienne Westwood
Vivienne Westwood is known for her bold and provocative designs, as well as her commitment to sustainability. This quote speaks to the importance of mindful consumption and investing in high-quality, sustainable clothing that will last for years to come.
2. “Fashion can be incredibly wasteful and damaging to the environment, but it doesn’t have to be. We can all make a difference by choosing to support companies that are committed to sustainable practices.” – Stella McCartney
Stella McCartney is known for her commitment to using sustainable and ethical materials in her designs. This quote highlights the power of consumer choice and the impact that our purchasing decisions can have on the fashion industry.
3. “Sustainable fashion is not a trend, it’s a responsibility.” – Livia Firth
Livia Firth is the founder and Creative Director of Eco-Age and a sustainable fashion advocate. This quote emphasizes the importance of sustainability in the fashion industry and how it is a crucial responsibility for all players in the industry.
4. “Sustainability is not an end goal, it’s a journey.” – Eileen Fisher
Eileen Fisher is a sustainability pioneer and the co-founder of Eileen Fisher. This quote reminds us that sustainability is a continuous process, and that we should always be looking for ways to improve and evolve our practices.
5. “The clothes we wear say something about who we are. Let’s make sure they’re saying the right thing.” – Colin Firth
Colin Firth is an actor and sustainable fashion advocate. This quote speaks to the power of fashion to communicate our values and beliefs, and the importance of choosing clothes that align with our values and commitments to sustainability.
6. “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel is a fashion icon and the founder of the Chanel brand. This quote reminds us that fashion is not just about the clothes we wear, but also the ideas, values, and lifestyles that they represent.
7. “Fashion is not just about creating beautiful clothes, it’s about creating a better world.” – Orsola de Castro
Orsola de Castro is a sustainable fashion advocate and the founder of the Fashion Revolution movement. This quote speaks to the importance of using fashion as a tool for positive change in the world.
8. “Sustainability is about being responsible for the impact of our actions on the environment, on society, and on future generations.” – Christina Dean
Christina Dean is the founder of the Redress fashion brand and a sustainable fashion advocate. This quote highlights the importance of considering the long-term impact of our actions on the environment and society.
9. “Fashion is one of the most polluting industries in the world. We need to change that.” – Emma Watson
Emma Watson is an actress and sustainable fashion advocate. This quote highlights the environmental impact of the fashion industry and the need for change.
10. “Fast fashion isn’t free. Someone, somewhere, is paying.” – Lucy Siegle
Lucy Siegle is a British journalist and writer on environmental issues. She is a reporter on The One Show.
Interested in sustainable Fashion Brands in the UK? Check out our favourites here.